Monday, July 8, 2013

Squash and Pepper Salad

Squash and Pepper Salad
 
You might have noticed a trend in my last several posts... Yep. An abundance of garden fresh squash. While I was certain one each of yellow, and zucchini would be plenty... Mr C took no chances and planted four of each. It was probably a good thing he had the foresight to do so, since  thankfully  the snow on the third of May took out several of each variety, leaving us with two yellow and three zucchini.
 
Down to just four of us at home... this is more than enough squash for all of our fresh squash needs. I have given away squash to the neighbors, until they refuse to answer their doors when they see me coming. OK... that is a minor exaggeration. But we do have PLENTY of squash. And since it is $1.89 a lb! at the grocery store, I really don't want to waste any.
 
I have made squash relish, both sweet and dill. Squash casseroles, squash in place of lasagna noodles. Last night, I was marinating the following recipe, which I fully intended to grill in a disposable foil pan.
However, Mr C saw it and sampled it, and decided it was a great salad.
It has (surprise!) Squash!
 
I used both yellow and zucchini squash, sliced into  quarter rounds.
 
It has sweet peppers, chopped.
 Fresh onions/ scallions.
jalapeno peppers
 and I used some bottled salad dressing (Newman's Own Balsamic vinaigrette)
 
Marinated the veggies a couple hours before supper. It was every bite eaten.
Made more tonight using a store brand of raspberry vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment