Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Spiral Fries Surprise! (Zucchini)

My sweet Mom knows how much I have been wanting a spiralizer for vegetables. She gave me one on my recent trip to her house. Today was my first attempt at using it. I had visions of spaghetti, all low carb and saucy. But my first idea upon seeing these fun mounds of zucchini was "I bet these would make awesome fries." (And they DO!)


Zucchini Spiral Fries
(Gluten Free)


Zucchini Squash, Spiralized
(May be purchased or made with your favorite vegetable spiralizing device)
1/2 to 1 cup EACH Tapioca flour and Coconut flour
1/2  tsp. salt (I used pink salt)
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika

Hot oil for frying.


I mixed the dry ingredients in a gallon zipper style bag.  Shake the squash spirals in the seasoned flour. Fry a few at a time in the hot oil, until golden. Drain in absorbent material, such as a paper towel or clean dish cloth.  Sprinkle with  more salt, if desired . Try with grated Parmesan cheese!


No comments:

Post a Comment