Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ravioli and Vegetable cheese sauce...

Ravioli and Vegetable Cheese Sauce
 
Tonight I got home from work and wondered what to fix for supper.
Leftovers have not gone over well recently.
After digging through the freezer and tossing out several frostbitten items, I discovered I had a half a bag each of two types of frozen ravioli...
 I had a container of roasted vegetable cheese spread
as well.

Sooo...
 I boiled the frozen ravioli.... drained it. While it sat draining...
I added 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup of half and half to the 2 cup container of vegetable cheese spread. The container wasn't full. (And I also had a cup of roasted veggies that COULD of been added, if one felt the need to have even more veggies..)
 once the roasted veggie cheese spread melted and warmed, I added the ravioli.

Great reviews from the guys!

Served with garlic green beans. and microwaved yellow squash.
(The trimmed beans were added to a skillet containing olive oil and a clove of garlic. Stirred and covered for about 25 minutes. Sprinkled with garlic granules, butter, and salt. VERY good!) Squash as trimmed, sliced, microwaved. Butter and salt added. Pretty good... but it was squash. AGAIN)


No comments:

Post a Comment