Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lazy Lasagna

Lazy Lasagna
Frozen (or fresh if you prefer!) ravioli (I used both cheese and meat varieties)
left over spaghetti sauce (or canned)
cottage cheese 
eggs (beaten)
shredded mozzarella cheese

Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour in a small amount of spaghetti sauce.
Lay out a layer of frozen ravioli in the sauce.
Mix together cottage cheese and eggs. (1 egg per cup of cottage cheese)
Pour a layer of this mixture over the ravioli.
Add a layer of spaghetti sauce.
Repeat layers.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake @ 300-325* for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until hot and bubbling.

This will cook more quickly if the ravioli is fresh or thawed.

I am claiming to have invented this recipe... I was looking to empty the freezer of on-hand items and had a few ravioli in two bags- one of meat and one of cheese filled ravioli. I had leftover spaghetti sauce, and a half a carton of cottage cheese that was nearing its expiration date. Lasagna came to mind, so I went with it!

The beauty of this recipe over regular lasagna is that I can make a small casserole dish of it and serve it for one meal. With my regular lasagna recipe.. I need company!

No comments:

Post a Comment